Thursday, July 16, 2009

C-H-A-N-G-E

Continuously Having A New Growing Experience

Mayra Colon-Pettway is a Nuts and Bolts Student at Brio Academy School of Cosmetology in Hamden CT. Here is her story about Embracing Change.

"My name is Mayra Colon-Pettway and I am senior at Brio Academy School of Cosmetology in Hamden CT. I’d like to share with you my opinion of the Nuts and Bolts program; an integral part of my education and preparation towards achieving my personal, financial and career goals.

As a freshman I was learning both cosmetology theory and the Nuts & Bolts training. One of our assignments was to sum up in 500 hundred words what we had learned up to that point.

What was most evident to me then and remains constant now is change. I thought to myself,” How can I best describe change to myself and to others”? I came up with Continuously Having A New Growing Experience. This sums up for me every challenge, every obstacle, every victory, and every single thing old and new that forced me to grow as a person, as a parent and spouse, as a dreamer and entrepreneur. Change is without a doubt always on the go. You can’t stop it. It goes on with or without you embracing it.

I was tickled pink taking the Nuts & Bolts program for many reasons. I have worked in the corporate sector at least twenty years and I’ve learned a few things. Some of my experiences were enjoyable and some were not but I learned them and kept them and used them as needed. Nuts & Bolts included most of the things that have taken me two decades of work experience to attain and summed in up in four cornerstones.

It’s an awesome program that exposes you to key points on how to improve your personal life, business goals and financial success. As you go through the different topics you begin to C.H.A.N.G.E. Before you realize what you are doing this program allows you to expand your way of being and challenges you step by step, point by point to apply these new and sometimes scary changes to your way of life. Let’s face it not everyone likes change but Nuts & Bolts is not drastic. I would describe it as a subtle yet exciting way of growing; one topic at a time until you complete the program.

I enjoyed the Nuts & Bolts training as it refreshed me on some of the topics, gave me new ways of approaching different situations and it gave me a new level of confidence in what I am doing with my life and my goals. Nuts and Bolts should be a part of every class in every school."

-Mayra Colon-Pettway, Brio Academy School of Cosmetology, Hamden, CT.

No comments:

Post a Comment